Wise Chat Pro and BuddyPress friends integration.
BuddyPress is a plugin for building social networks based on WordPress. Aside from its core features like news feed, profiles, groups, friends there is usually a need for some kind of real-time communication service. Wise Chat Pro integrates with BuddyPress friends facility. It allows to have private 1-on-1 conversations with users belonging to friends list.
How to enable BuddyPress friends integration?
1. Enable Friends Connections in BuddyPress settings:
Add some friends to your list for testing purposes.
2. Enable BuddyPress integration features in Wise Chat Pro General settings:
3. In Wise Chat Pro Appearance settings enable the following:
– Show Users List – to display users list
– Enable Private Messages – to enable private chats
– Enable Offline Users – to send messages to friends who are not online
– BuddyPress Friends Only – to restrict users list to BuddyPress friends only
– Hide Channel Window – to hide public channel window and allow for private chats only; this is optional and works only in Facebook mode
4. [Optional] Enable Facebook mode in Wise Chat Pro General settings.
5. From now friends integration in Wise Chat Pro is fully configured. When you open the chat you will see BuddyPress friends in the users list. Recent chats indicator will be also exposed.