Private messaging permissions
Sometimes it is crucial to limit private messaging to certain user roles. For example:
- Administrator is allowed to send private messages to any user
- No one is allowed to reply to Administrator except for Editor
- Subscriber is allowed to send private messages to other Subscribers
In Wise Chat Pro you can define a set of rules that will restrict 1-on-1 chats in such scenarios.
Here is how you can define your own rules of private messaging. No rules means there are no restrictions to the messaging.
1. Go to
Wise Chat Pro Settings page and click
Permissions tab. Then in
New Rule section select proper user roles and click
2. Below you can find added rules:
3. In the chat window a restricted user will see a warning after any attempt to post private messages:
4. A restricted user will continue to receive private messages from other non-restricted users. In this example Jane sent private messages to Martin, but Martin can’t reply: